Aug 11 – 14
Bring everything you need –
food, water and musical instruments
(no meals provided, but there will be a porta-potty)
It’s rumored there will be people playing music and we have ordered meteors for visual entertainment.
– From Flagstaff, take I-40 east to Winona exit.
– Turn north (left) onto Townsend-Winona Rd. and continue as it winds to the west for approx. 1 mi.
– Turn north (right) on Leupp Rd.
– In 2.7 miles, turn west (left) onto Forest Service Rd 244. The turn is not well marked but is before you reach milepost 432. Small FS signpost at the entrance says 244.
– In 0.1 mi., veer left onto 9121Q.
– In about 150 ft., veer left again to stay on 9121Q.
– In 0.3 mi., veer right onto 9147H.
Campsite is about 0.1 mi. on 9147.